Agressive pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a sail fin Pleco and its super aggressive towards my other fish it makes me worried cuz it killed the other Pleco I had a while back any tips on why this is???

Wow, I didn't know that. I thought that they were always really peaceful fish!

Plecos are incredibly territorial, especially to their own species and often to bottom dwellers.

Plecos are incredibly territorial, especially to their own species and often to bottom dwellers.

I have an albino Pleco that I inherited after we bought a tank on Craigslist and my BF wanted to turn it into an African Cichlid tank. The fish came with the tank, and since I have a community tank..... It gets along well with the Corys and other fish. It's actually a little shy.

I have a sail fin Pleco and its super aggressive towards my other fish it makes me worried cuz it killed the other Pleco I had a while back any tips on why this is???

Try getting a piece of driftwood with a lot of holes, that way it can Munch on the driftwood while still having his own territory.

I have an albino Pleco that I inherited after we bought a tank on Craigslist and my BF wanted to turn it into an African Cichlid tank. The fish came with the tank, and since I have a community tank..... It gets along well with the Corys and other fish. It's actually a little shy.

Most smaller plecos such as bristlenoses and rubberlips aren't too territorial IF give enough room. Males can still have little scuffles but they usually are great community fish. The larger ones however (commons, sailfins, etc.) can be very aggressive.

It's a 55g tank but its small still it actually will swim around and chase the beta I have in the tank which is weird cuz I have two cat fish that hide in the places the pleco hide and it only comes out at night or when noone is in the room is that common for as pleco

Back
Top Bottom