Algae Eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! Gotta hate those typos! ;)

Okay, how many snails would you get to start out with? Would 2 or 3 be to many for a 10 gallon?

Would 1 be enough? Hmm.... so much to think about....

I love learning like this!!! :D

You could get a single mystery snail. When you have algae eaters, you need to keep in mind that the tank size will relate directly to the amount of food they have available to them. I have mysteries in my 46 and they do a great job of keeping the tank clean, both the walls and the decor.

Okay! Thank you very, very much! I'm running out tonight and getting all of these items, and this has been a HUGE help!

If you're gonna get mystery snails, make sure you get Pomacea Brigesii and not Pomacea Canaliculata, they will destroy all your plants.

I bought four Canas and had to buy a new 10G tank for them, but it looks like I might have to get a larger tank. They're getting big really quickly and have a huge bioload, they're messier than any fancy goldfish I've ever seen. I'm gravel vac'ing once every other day.

hmmm.... I bought a Mystery snail last night (one of the cutest things ever!!!) but I don't know whether it was Pomacea Brigesii or not... hmm....

If you live in New England, then it's probably Pomacea Brigesii because Canaliculatas are illegal in most states because they're on the invasive species list, but it's always good to ask because you can never be too sure.

Wow! I called the pet store, and yes, it's a Pomacea Brigesii. :) Thanks so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom