Algae problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmlong

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am having a terrible time with brown algae. The tank is not near any windows but it does get some light from my sliding glass door across the room. No sooner i clean the algae off, its back 3-4 days later!! The tank is halfway through a cycle right now. How can i keep this algae away?

Algae magnet? If you werent fishless cycling I would suggest an oto cat. It is normal to get that brown algae - I have it aswell.

I just got a Oto 2 days ago to help control brown algae. It has made a small dent. The alae magnets are great for cleaning the glass.

Try Phos-X...

I had the same problem with brown algae, growing all over my live plants, glass, rocks, wood... Everything. And the poor otos couldn't even handle so much algae. Brown algae is being introduced to your tank through the tap water.

The lady at the LFS recommended this brown-baggie thing called Phos-X, it works really well... And you can hide inside your filter or the tank. Doesn't mess up the water or anything. It is great.

it is not really a problem on the glass, but more of a problem on the plants, gravel, etc. it looks really ugly!!

Back
Top Bottom