angel fish and blue ram tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
hi all :) so ive been thinking for a while now about starting another tank up for a pair of angels and a pair of rams i havnt thought about what else id like to go in with them maybe a school of rummynose tetra and some kind of bright bottom feeders. It would be great if you could give me some info on what size tank would be appropriate for that? id like to go as big as i can but im limited in space so id like to have a tank thats not overly huge but they would be happy and have enough space? It will be planted aswell

I'd go for a 55 gallon if you have the space. That gives both pairs adequate room for territories and the other fish won't be as stressed out if they breed.

Jconner3 said:
I'd go for a 55 gallon if you have the space. That gives both pairs adequate room for territories and the other fish won't be as stressed out if they breed.

Thanks I'll have to convert that to litres and see if that would work. I love the angels and my partner likes the rams so I thought well that's the best of both worlds :)

I agree a 55 is a good choice. You could go as low as a 40 but it needs to be well planted with come DW and a couple smooth flat stones for the Rams. When you plant make sure you arrange plants so the line of sight in the tank is broken up, this helps alot with angels. But also in something the size of a 40 you are limited to the amount of other fish you can stock. For a nice community the 55 really would be best IMO.

Ok so thats about 208litres which is doable I think yay! So now I know what I'm looking for i can start searching for the tank, I'm going to get a second hand one when I find one I like, so much cheaper and have all the equipment already.

Sounds like you've got a plan. One thing tho, add your "other" fish 1st, then your angels, and wait to add your rams for awhile as they do much better in mature tanks. Good luck!

Rivercats said:
Sounds like you've got a plan. One thing tho, add your "other" fish 1st, then your angels, and wait to add your rams for awhile as they do much better in mature tanks. Good luck!
Awesome thanks for the info, I'm hoping if I buy second hand it'll be up and running and fully cycled but I'll be sure to do what you suggested :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom