Angelfish aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tips on this issue? I have 3 Angels, 2 male and 1 female. I've had them for months and just recently the 2 males became more aggressive to each other but sometimes they are aggressive towards the female.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yea I think I know the which one the odd man out is. That's the best bet or can I just get another female?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think you could get away with another female. Just watch for aggression and provide plenty of hiding space

Fishobsessed7

Tall decor in the middle of the tank as a divider would break up the line of sight from both pairs and likely help as well to keep them separated and less aggressive. If adding another female, change the layout right before adding her so they can establish their 'new' territory.

Well with any fish you want two females to one male. The dudes are getting territorial over miss thang and sadly, it almost always ends in one male killing off the other with constant stress and harassment. I would pull out the male who is the odd man out and rehome him. Then you have a breeding pair if all goes well, and they will mate for life. You could try and add another female, maybe even 2 just to change up the dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom