Angelfish disappeared!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atrbigred95

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 59 gallon tank with 5 small tiger barbs and 4 very small green tiger barbs a rainbow shark, 2 bala sharks very small(plan on moving them to bigger tank once they grow) and what was 2 angel fish. I have had one angel fish for about 2 weeks and was fine so I added another one. The next morning I fed the angelfish but that afternoon it was gone completely.:ermm: No traces of it anywhere. Any idea what happend to it???? I have read that barbs have been know to eat the fins off an angel fish but they seemed to do fine with my first angel fish I put in there. I dont see why they would just attack my second one?

Please any ideas would help because I really like angelfish!!

I would start turning everything in the tank upside down and if you can't find him still start looking around the tank he could've jumped.

I have a glass top on the tank so there is no way he could have jumped out and I have moved everything and vacummed the gravel. There is not trace. lol

I had a yoyo loach that did that this past August, he disappeared. I found him.....errrr.....a......ummmmmmm........a skeleton of proper size and shape, when I tore down that tank last week.

I have had bottom dwelling fish disappear but never something likevan angel. That is wild. Do you have a lot of scavenger type fish?

I'm not sure how big yours is but mine likes to swim between the filter and the glass or the heater and the glass so that's where I'd personally look, but if you've already moved everything out then it really is a mystery! I hope he turns up soon :/

I had a albino cory completely disappear. I moved everything and still no sign. I hope your turns up and is ok. Drove me nuts when I couldn't find mine.

Okay thanks I have still seen no sign of the angel fish yet but something knew has shown and since I already have this discussion going I'll just ask it here.

Today I was feeding my fish and noticed one tiger barbs had a few tiny little spots on its fins. Is this ick im not sure and what should I do to make sure its not? I really dont want all this fish to die. Its not rubbing against things or anything and the only sign is the few little white spots. The one tiger barb is the only one that shows any signs of it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

If it looks like little pieces of salt then you have ich. Turn the temp up to 88 you will are the ich get worse at first then it will start to disappear after a day or two. Leave the temp up for at least a weeek after you see the last spot!

I tried to take a picture of it but all you can see is him floating sort of downwards and you cant even see the spots in the picture so it would be kind of useless. But it is just tiny little white spots. Plus he is not really schooling with the rest of the fish.

I tried to take a picture of it but all you can see is him floating sort of downwards and you cant even see the spots in the picture so it would be kind of useless. But it is just tiny little white spots. Plus he is not really schooling with the rest of the fish.

Its a possibility he has contracted ich. When my tank had ich, this is what I did to get rid of it:
You want to SLOWLY raise the temp to 85-86, leave there until 1 week after last spot has disappeared. You also want to make sure you add airstone or something of the like because when temps are higher fish need more oxygen..good luck

Yes it does sort of look like little pieces of salt and my heater is turned up as high as it can go now which is like 86. Should I get medicine though? I really dont won't the rest of the fish to get infected? I have an airstone currently working at all times now.

Okay so toady the fish that looked like it had ich is much more active than he was yesterday. He is swimming alot more and I still do not see any signs of the spots on any other fish. But something else has happened.

This morning I woke up and all fish looked good except for the one with the few spots but he was still swimming around. This afternoon I checked and noticed that I didnt see one of my green tiger barbs. This is the second fish to completely disappear without a trace. I took all the decorations out and still did not see the fish. Its like someone is coming and taking them in the middle of the night. This is by far the most frustrated I have been since I got the aquarium. Could the other fish be eating them cause I am not feeding them enough or something.

Please give me some suggestions and also should I get some ich medicine for the one fish?

Re missing fish

Just comming back to your missing angel fish... I have same problem today LOL. I just got it 2 days ago and for hour or two didn't get well with 2 guaramis but then all seemed like they are ok. Today there is no trace of angel fish :( Suspect guaramis had nice overnight supper... Sigh...:blink:

Back
Top Bottom