Angelicus Botia loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
The guy at a lfs said these guys will keep snails at bay. They are also awesome looking. Do they do ok alone? I am always inclined to get my tank residents in pairs, but they are expensive. Anyway, what do y'all think of these loaches? Also, since they eat snails would my cherry shrimp be in danger or would they be ok?

Most loaches do best in groups, at least 3 in a group. I think they would eat your shrimp.

well that sucks that they might eat my shrimp. I think that I may take the shrimp out and start a nano shrimp tank because I really like those Angelicus Botia loaches. I read that they were only discovered in 2004. Also known as the polka dot loach from what I read. They resemble the yo-yo loach, but are not aggressive, but rather very peaceful and playful they say.

I have yo yo loaches and I love them! I almost didnt get them because I liked my snails but went ahead and got some anyways. They remind me of little dogs for some reason lol they are very very inquisitive and always the first ones to investigate anything in the tank! I would definitely get some. And they will definitely wipe out any snails in the tank no matter how big!

I have yo yo loaches and I love them! I almost didnt get them because I liked my snails but went ahead and got some anyways. They remind me of little dogs for some reason lol they are very very inquisitive and always the first ones to investigate anything in the tank! I would definitely get some. And they will definitely wipe out any snails in the tank no matter how big!

Well what I want is similar in appearance to the yo yo, but it is different in that it is said to be a lot more peaceful than the yo yo. I am speaking from what I have heard and read. I have no first hand knowledge of the yo yo. I was just told by the lfs owner the yo yo's are aggressive, whereas the angelicus botia aka polka dot loach is super peacfeful. That is what I am finding in my research as well.

He told me they would not eat my cherry shrimp though so I don't know what to believe. If I believe him and he is wrong I would kill my shrimp. Cannot risk that.

Any of you keep these with shrimp with success?

Back
Top Bottom