Another tank issue. Help ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the silicone was used to patch the crack in the trim, there is no issue with the tank. The trim is not necessary for the integrity of the tank. I would use that tank without a second thought.

Take a look at the video I posted and see what you think.

To me that's the stand being warped. Just from working with furniture in the past.

I took the tank apart. Just scrapping the project all together. I'm out $50 and its just a lesson to be learned from.

Have you taken a level to the stand? I'm just curious if it was the stand. If it's the stand then that can be corrected.

Have you taken a level to the stand? I'm just curious if it was the stand. If it's the stand then that can be corrected.

Stand is completely level except for the one corner. I can see where the wood is sloping downwards. My biggest concern is the cob job someone did where the trim was broken. My landlord would not be pleased with me if the tank decided to leak and spill 55gallons of water onto my floor.....which would end up in the apartment below me. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I'm in an apartment also. Like pterosaur I've said the trim is more for appeal and not for stability. You could always reseal it if that's the case

I'm in an apartment also. Like pterosaur I've said the trim is more for appeal and not for stability. You could always reseal it if that's the case

My wife was paranoid over it so, it was easier just to scrap it rather than cause any problems with her.

Just buy her something that occupies the mind lol. When I do something crazy I always have a backup plan lol. Well good luck with your next plan

Just buy her something that occupies the mind lol. When I do something crazy I always have a backup plan lol. Well good luck with your next plan

Been scanning craigslist for 55's. Found 3 but the wife has shot all 3 down because they come with wrought iron stands. She would rather have a wooden stand. So, I'm just going to set up a 25 gallon in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom