Any suggestions on decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mommaof4boys said:
I'll make sure to test and get the same results for a week or so before even thinking about adding fishies! :)

I know you will

What if you got some flat rocks to make bigger hiding/ tunnels. A lot of the holes look really small and I'm not sure they will fit as they get bigger. Or add some pvc for the fish to get into and hide it with the rocks

Mommaof4boys said:
I'm going to keep cichlids, it's a 55 with sand and rock.. But to me, it just looks so plain.. Any suggestions? I was thinking of a black background.. Here is what it looks like so far, any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Hi. Where did you get your large rocks from?

GoldsGuy said:
Hi. Where did you get your large rocks from?

Hello! :) Some of my rocks came out of a local river and some I actually purchased at a landscaping place...

Andrew McFadden said:
I know you will

What if you got some flat rocks to make bigger hiding/ tunnels. A lot of the holes look really small and I'm not sure they will fit as they get bigger. Or add some pvc for the fish to get into and hide it with the rocks

See, I was actually thinking the same thing. Id like to make bigger holes and caves for them to go into and hide.. I believe the holes in there now won't be big enough as they grow! I'm thinking maybe I need a bigger variety of rock sizes?

Mommaof4boys said:
Hello! :) Some of my rocks came out of a local river and some I actually purchased at a landscaping place...

Thanks. I have golds and wanted to scape my tank when I get a larger tank similar to how you have yours. Thought about trying landscaping place too. Thanks.

GoldsGuy said:
Thanks. I have golds and wanted to scape my tank when I get a larger tank similar to how you have yours. Thought about trying landscaping place too. Thanks.

Your welcome! The rocks I purchased at the landscape place were a decent price and I got a huge bucket full lol... Good luck with your upgrade! :)

Mommaof4boys said:
See, I was actually thinking the same thing. Id like to make bigger holes and caves for them to go into and hide.. I believe the holes in there now won't be big enough as they grow! I'm thinking maybe I need a bigger variety of rock sizes?

Just please watch you weight I mean its weight. I liked the pvc idea better

Andrew McFadden said:
Just please watch you weight I mean its weight. I liked the pvc idea better

I was thinking.. Taking most of what I have out, getting a few bigger rocks and working around those... I don't have to use all of this rock!

What do I do with the pvc? Cut holes in them and throw em in?

Mommaof4boys said:
I was thinking.. Taking most of what I have out, getting a few bigger rocks and working around those... I don't have to use all of this rock!

What do I do with the pvc? Cut holes in them and throw em in?

No no no what I was saying is stack rocks around them like you have it. But the pvc holes will be big enough for the fish. Plus it will make it look like there is more rock then there is

This is what it would look like with a black background... I think I might have an idea brewing! Lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120907_115833.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120907_115833.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 80
What did u use for urs back ground? I used. 10% car tint for my background it came out pretty nice!

Andrew McFadden said:
It's 100% better, what's the idea?

Well,I was thinking about making a background with plastic tuberware bowls or maybe paint cups... cut holes in the side, cover it with expanding foam, then cement and paint.... I think I might try it... different sizes, different size holes, and lots of hiding places! What do you think?

Mommaof4boys said:
Well,I was thinking about making a background with plastic tuberware bowls or maybe paint cups... cut holes in the side, cover it with expanding foam, then cement and paint.... I think I might try it... different sizes, different size holes, and lots of hiding places! What do you think?

Hmmm.. interesting
How did you think of that? Can't wait to see how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom