Any tips on how to redesign my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fryer

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398853780.361554.jpg

I've been thinking of changing my layout of the tank it's 120cm long but not that deep or wide about 40cms wide and deep. Not sure what it needs only issue is the gravel has to stay, even tho I regret buying blue, the pot has to stay as that's my knife fish's home for the time being till he grows and I have to get him a tube of some sorts but really not sure on the whole redesign of it

Id remove that white wall-like decoration and replace it with some more natural looking rocks. Get several of the same type, but in various sizes, and arrange in a way that you find appealing. They say an odd number looks best, but you decide for yourself.

Then maybe fill in a little with a few more plants.

Share pics when you're done. :)

Want to get rid of the background and have black on it instead

I agree remove the white thing and but if possible arrange rocks around the pot so it will cover it giving it a more natural look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ditto what Coyne said. In all design, whether it is a quilt, painting, room, garden, or aquarium, good design is about a balance between unity and variety. One of the best ways to unify an aquarium is to use rocks of the same color and texture--or multiple objects of similar colors (your driftwood and the little clay-colored shelter are in the same color family, for instance). Add more plants around the back and sides, keeping an eye on the color you already have--the reds and greens. It looks like a great start, so go with the best in design that you already have and build upon it. :)

Maybe a betta if he doesn't eat them and you have adequate filtration and water changes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually, the little pot can be a second focal point, just soften the edges by putting some plants around it in an asymmetrical way. Plants can tie everything together--from left to right and back to front. Here'a a little sketch of what I mean.

Attachments

• Little pot.jpg
    Little pot.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 60
That's artist gardener looks good I'll keep everyone updated gonna vinyl it gonna get my misses' dad to help me rotate the aquarium as I'll black the viewing one if it's the most scratched

Back
Top Bottom