API stress coat overdose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
You know when you get that feeling when something is not quite right. Since we look over at our tanks ever 2 mins while we watch tv or look in every time we walk past we just develop that knack.

Saw this on my betta tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425245688.985388.jpg

It's like an oil. This pic was after a 50% water change. The only thing I think it might be is an overdose of API stress coat. I couldn't get aqua safe so I got this. Didn't realise it was so concentrated. I've done two water changes with it on my betta tank and significantly overdosed both times.

Do you think it's possible the oil is the stress coat and has anyone ever seen anything similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used to use that before I switched to using Prime. It did have a tendency to leave a film and gunk up my filters. Prime has worked much better for me! I do use StressGuard when introducing new fish and it doesn't leave that residue. However, it's not a dechlorinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the same thing except I don't use a water conditioner because I don't need it. I use API CO2 booster though, since excel hasn't been available locally...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can't say I've ever noticed it do that. The lfs used to put a bit in the bag with fish and I can't recall anything.

Maybe I just missed it.

Back
Top Bottom