aquaclear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnewbe420

Aquarium Advice Activist
What Model should I have for a 29 gallon tank? My stock is 8 golden barbs 1 kolulu. Loch 1 BN Plexiglas and one fish I forgot the name off ill post a pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111222_085848.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111222_085848.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 86
AquaClear HOB

Hello fish...

I have an AC 50 on my 30 G tanks. This will be sufficient filtration for your tank, just remove and replace a minimum of half the tank water every week to keep the water conditions stable.

B

I have the aquaclear 70 on my 29g. I don't know where your located at or how fast you need the filter but I ordered mine off of www.petmountain.com for 39.99

AC70 is a good choice for the 29g. I've ran an AC110 on one before but I was trying to over filter it quite a bit.

yea I got my API test kit fir 17.99.....its the best site I've found for cheap items for any animal

and if you can wait 5 to 8 business days (which mine came on 5) and order over I think 50 bucks you get free shipping

Why not add a small canister filter to use with your current filter? A cascade 500 or AquaTop CF-300 would work great.

Becouse I'm broke. :-(

People here seem to think that we can all afford top line stuff anytime of the year lol.

Makes getting reviews on products hard when they say "just get the 'mega millions 400' it's great" :/

If your talking about getting a $50 AC filter then you can afford a $60 canister filter. I wasn't recommending an Eheim or anything like that ;)

The Aquatop CF-300 flows 265gph I believe and can be had for $59 delivered.

They are supposed to be very quiet. I'll post pics up for it later after I get it installed.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Plexiglas=Pleco?

What is the fish in the picture?

I would recommend either an AC 70 or 110. The more filtration the better.

I believe the fish the OP was unsure of is a blue gourami. I think that he also meant plecostomus which got auto-corrected to plexiglas.

LyndaB said:
If you mean kuhli loach, please get at least 4 more. They really require buddies.

Yes that's why I'm getting the filter. right now I only have a crappy sponge filter. Becouse my hob broke and I don't think my sponge can handle anymore fish.

Back
Top Bottom