Aquarium Headboard??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StevesPrettyCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Layin in bed just now, looking at the fish tank, and the idea just hit me like a ton of bricks. I have no headboard on my bed, and my 55 gallon tank is the same width as my bed, and the stand is the same height. Pushing my bed over to it as soon as I'm done typing and I'll snap a pic hahaha!!!

Anyone ever try this before? I'd be psyched if it worked safely! i did a google search and came up with this quickly: Aquarium Headboard

and now over the top... Chad Ochocinco’s Headboard Is A Giant Aquarium (Pics) | Total Pro Sports
leave it to Ochocinco... :lol:

yeah ochocincos was a bit over the top hahah!!

so theres the pictures, only took one with the lights off cuz you cant even see the pic. I think it looks awesome, but I can think of a couple downsides. Number one is, the cabinets in the stand are blocked out, my canister filter is down there. Secondly, the tank is now behind me, so laying in bed reading a book and looking at the fishes is kinda hard, although I have a recliner in my room so thats not a major loss...

Whatcha Think??

You must be single....... :lol:

Although it's an interesting concept, as the interior designer of the family, I would vote a big no on my husband trying that. Not so much because of how it looks, but more because our bed serves a multitude of purposes, but fish watching is not one of them.

I'd prefer to leave the tanks in the dining room and living room where they can be enjoyed for many more hours than a headboard tank would be.

You must be single....... :lol:

Although it's an interesting concept, as the interior designer of the family, I would vote a big no on my husband trying that. Not so much because of how it looks, but more because our bed serves a multitude of purposes, but fish watching is not one of them.

I'd prefer to leave the tanks in the dining room and living room where they can be enjoyed for many more hours than a headboard tank would be.

hahaha!!!!

i would like to do that but something tells me that i may crack the stand or tank with my bed at some point so that is a no no for me

hahaha yeah, between the bed blocking the cabinets, the fish being behind me, and the whole fact that i dont wanna wake up in 55 gallons of water i decided to move it back, not worth it... took almost an hour to get the pictures, and moved it back right after haha

abraham, its a 16 color LED strip with remote, i think around 9 feet long or so... currently got 2 angel fish, 11 tiger barbs (4 albino mixed in) and 7 synodontis petricola catfish. Selling the angel fish after thankgiving and tossing the tiger barbs in a different tank so i can finally convert it to a mbuna tank

about 3 1/2 maybe 4" only had them for a few months tho... yeah the led works mint man, built my own hood so i put that in for effect! good for the night so im not blastin the fish with the fluorescents late at night haha

Back
Top Bottom