are there smaller Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie74

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 37gal FW community. (guppies, mollies, serpea tetras and 4 neons- which will move to my son's new 10gal when it is done cycling)

The LFS has very pretty dime sized angels, but says eventually they will probably outgrow my tank. I know they will eat smaller fish.. my son wants the neons in his tank once it cycles, and I don't care if it eats fry.. the livebearers will quickly overpopulate otherwise. I'd really like a pr of angels, but I'd prefer to not have to rehome if they outgrow my tank.

Welcome to AA!

How many mollies do you have in your tank? Mollies can get pretty large and produce quite a bit of waste relative to their size. Still, I think you could pretty easily get away with a pair of angelfish in your tank. They will certainly help you out with population control. ;)

I have a 37gal FW community. (guppies, mollies, serpea tetras and 4 neons- which will move to my son's new 10gal when it is done cycling)

The LFS has very pretty dime sized angels, but says eventually they will probably outgrow my tank. I know they will eat smaller fish.. my son wants the neons in his tank once it cycles, and I don't care if it eats fry.. the livebearers will quickly overpopulate otherwise. I'd really like a pr of angels, but I'd prefer to not have to rehome if they outgrow my tank.

Your serpea tetras could get nippy. If you get angels, watch the long, flowing fins.

Back
Top Bottom