Are these fish compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive just recently got a 70 litre / 15 gallon hexagon tank i wanted to get a really good mixture of colourful fish.

Lime green tetra
Rainbow fish
Gold ancistrus pleco
zebra pleco
Killifish
Discus
-Has anyone experienced any problems with these fish before?
-Any ideas of how these fish might do in my tank?
-Even if my tank maybe too small?

Thank you for your help.

Only small varieties of Killifish and perhaps the tetra but unsure of what species your referring to are suitable for that tank. Hex's are generally tall and narrow. All the other fish are absolutely not do-able for that size and type of tank.

I wouldn't suggest any of those. Killies like to swim you tank is just too small.

What are the dimensions of your tank? I'm going to have to agree with above posters... Tetras and maybe killi's unless the footprint is wider than I'm guessing..

There are actually several small types of Killi's that would work in that size tank. I keep Clown Killi's and many of the Killi's in the Aphyosemion, Nothobranchius, Fundulopanchax family. All stay under 2 inches and closer to 1-1/2" and females are often even smaller. Nothobranchius Rachovii are a good choice due to their small size. Do not keep all males and keep 2-3 females for every male. In that size tank I would do 1 male and 3 females.

Another good choice for that type tank would be all Nano fish.

Thanks people for the advice does anyone have a list or any ideas of colourful uncommon fish that would get along for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom