Assassin predator at night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
As you guys probably know I've gotten a pleco and 6 tiger barbs.... Well this morning I found 1 of my tiger barbs dead with it's tail gone.... Then I found my pleco dead with it's fins chopped up the night before... Who is this predator...
Stock:
2xpictus catfish
1x albino bichir
1x ctenopoma
2x BR
1x firemouth
6x tiger barbs.. Now 5

Tiger barbs are terrible for fin nipping and can cause stress etc to other fish I have pure hatred to them after they Shredded the fin on my shark

Tiger barbs are terrible for fin nipping and can cause stress etc to other fish I have pure hatred to them after they Shredded the fin on my shark

But I got the pleco before the barbs and he died of totally gone fins... Not nipped. Like the fins aren't even there anymore...... I don't think it was the barbs who did this... Any other fish it could've been

They will totally eat the fins, I'm not saying that it is them as fish act different in different aquariums, but in my experience tiger barbs and green moss barbs are horrible

They will totally eat the fins, I'm not saying that it is them as fish act different in different aquariums, but in my experience tiger barbs and green moss barbs are horrible

Oh ok thx for advice!!! I'll see if anyone has any other advice but thx u!!' I was recommended that they will be good for my tank

I really don't think it was the barbs my one number suspect is the bichir.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea that's what think.... Also there nocturnal so when all the other fish r sleeping he comes out.. He's my favorite fish in the tank so I'm not getting rid of him but he just ate 3 shrimp pellets so I think that should hold him off for a while

There's only one way to really know... Do you have access to any recording devices?

There's only one way to really know... Do you have access to any recording devices?

Ya I have my brothers iPad and also could just keep my phone recording while it's charging.... But it's dark so how would the device see anything

You would need something that has a night vision / low-light mode, an auto-shut off you can disable, and enough memory to record ~8 hours of footage. And a tripod.

I doubt the ipad's camera / memory will cut it.

You would need something that has a night vision / low-light mode, an auto-shut off you can disable, and enough memory to record ~8 hours of footage. And a tripod.

I doubt the ipad's camera / memory will cut it.

I will leave the iPad charging so it would last 8 hours!!! Also I have a couch right next to te tank that I could use as a stand! Would that work

Do you have a night light or something you could put on one side of the tank and film from the other do you catch silhouettes?

Oh man!!!! Lmao!!!! That's great man. I guess he did that but spit it out? Also since u have a bichir does yours just swim crazily around the tank every now and then?

It didn't man...it ate it head first..?...it does swim around crazily now n then..but if it is doing it more than often, something might be bothering him...

Back
Top Bottom