ATTN: Dwarf Puffer Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonChild

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings.

i came across this information while looking for the care of dwarf puffers. I am unsure as to whether or not it is correct, could you please let me know? Somehow I find it unaccurate...

"Hehe, yep, Kerrieh... Aquaria is a real money-hungry hobby... There are freshwater puffers, though. Figure-8s do REALLY well in freshwater, and they don't get too big! They're completely adorable. There are also Dwarf Puffers, that live in freshwater and only grow to a measely one inch! They even breed well in aquariums. How are your Mollies doing?"

This is the link to the thread where I found this quote:

http://www.talkpets.com/forums/showthread.php?s=de7b7584134c708b0f46ffbc3c0cf19d&p=38976#post38976

Anyway, the fact that the author states that dwarf puffers only get to 1 inch is startling, most information I found contridicts that.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dwarf puffers do only reach about 1", I don't know where you read that they get bigger but it's inaccurate.

Figure eights are not actually FW, they're BW and require marine salt in their water.

If you want dwarf puffer info the place to go is www.dwarfpuffers.com

It's all accurate, helpful info.

hmm, okay then, I guess I was wrong. :D Learn something new everyday, huh?

Thanks for the link cdawson....it was very helpful!

I have a couple of spotted puffers. The real "Green Terrors". They are awesome though, very inquisitive, and aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom