Baby snail appeared out of nowhere in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning I was having a relaxing time watching my tank and realized that there was a baby snail in my tank! Last week in out a piece of drift wood and 2 live plants in my tank.

I was shocked when I saw that baby snail. Where did it come from? Is it a bad thing? Is it beneficial? Don't know what to do.

What do you suggest? I really don't like those animals, but if there is nothing wrong of if they do not affect that small ecosystem, I would leave it there, since they are algae eater.

Any thoughts?

Cheers. :)

I can't give you advice on whether the snail is beneficial or not as I do not and have never kept them but I do know that you can get snails from live plants without even knowing it. Its possible you got it from that. Good luck getting more info on your snail though! :)

Since your tank is already quite overstocked, you don't want a snail explosion in there. Snails have a very small bio-load, but you don't want to add any additional bio-load to this set up. Otherwise, snails are fine. They will eat algae and many fish will eat their eggs and babies.

Back
Top Bottom