BABY SNAILS.. what do i do? LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Welll i put my apple/mystery snail eggs in a separate tank and today i have BABIES!!! LOL.. what do i do? Do i just do normal water changes and feed algae wafers until they get big enough for my main tank or to sell? LOL.. all advice appreciated.

Ok well i just added a piece of blanched zuchini AND an algae wafer..don't want the little guys to starve.. any other advice would be appreciated.

do you want to keep them _ALL_? I imagine they'd love lettuce though!

I wouldn't mind a larger snail for my tank, but i'm afraid my clown loach would harass it/eat it.

I have clown loaches and sometimes they will try to nibble on the outside of the snail but they just close their trap door.. once the loaches realize they can't penetrate the shell they leave them alone.

No i don't want to keep them all.. LOL.. what i don't keep i will take to my LFS but id like to get them up to a decent size. so are daily water changes ok in a 1 gallon tank? I have zuchini in there now and they seem to like it. I am changing 100 percent daily of water and im pouring the old water into my 55 gallon in case any babies fall out... LOL.. oh and i have more eggs in the tank!! But i think im gonna just leave them in there...

Back
Top Bottom