Bacterial bloom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmart0518

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

I am new to this forum and also new to owning and maintaining an aquarium. I have a 40 gallon tank with 3 African cichlids. I’ve had the tank running now for 4 months. I have a large fake coral rock and a few fake plants with some aquarium gravel. I have a canister filter I bought little over a month ago with new filter media. I had a hanging type filter and never gave me clear water and decided to try the canister filter out to see if The water would get clearer. I do understand bacterial blooms can start if I put new filter media in the filter system. I haven’t had clear water at all since starting this aquarium. It’s never green but milky white. All. The. Time. Should I be waiting for this to go away on its own ?

I tried a uv sterilizer now for 3 days and no improvement. I check my levels for PH HK nitrate and nitrites and all seem to be within the levels they require. The heater is set to 25c. Am I doing something wrong ? I feed once a day and keep the light on 8-6 hours a day. Please any input would be greatly appreciated to the road of crystal clear water ! Thank you guys and girls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom