Been awhile but have some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordofworms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, my last post was well over a year ago and since then have really had my hands full with fishies.loving every minute of it though..

long stories short: what started as 2 females and 1 male mollie has now grown out of control with well over 100 new ones.
plus a variety of other fish

what started as one 90 gallon tank has ended with 1x(90),3x(55),2x(10),3x(5),1x(40)hex..lol

but awhile back I had asked what my 'pudgy' was, and was soon told I had an auroratus.(sp)

well, he is getting too big now for his current 20gallon and we got him a 55 gallon, my question is this, he has been alone for almost 3 years now, I dont know how feasible it is to have an entire 55 just for him, but we fear for any other fish we might put in there, and for sure we wouldnt want anything bad to happen to our pudgy.

also is it possible to confirm his/her sex now that I have better pics and he/she is older?
I am guessing male because of the almost purpleblueish hue?

Attachments

• pudgy1.JPG
    pudgy1.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 57
  • pudgy2.JPG
    pudgy2.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 57
  • pudgytank.JPG
    pudgytank.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 56
  • newtank.JPG
    newtank.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 55
the tank to left is his current home, he spends alot of time in the bottom hole to the right, the right is his new home.

and I kinda forgot to actually ask. would it be good for him/her to have other cichlids and if so what would be best? we are more than willing to give him/her the entire tank though so only if you all feel it would be in pudgy's best interest.

thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom