Best way to instant cycle new aquarium and betta acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Watsonja4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I went to Petco today to get hardscape items for my new Spec V and while I was looking at driftwood the kid was looking at bettas so between that, my bleeding heart, and a betta being the plan anyway I now own a new fish. I have two questions now how can I instant cycle this aquarium "or at least get close to"? I have a established 45gallon I can pick from to do this. I also would like to know how you guys acclimate bettas since they are in small bowls?
Thanks in advance.:thanks:

I have had Betta's over the past decade. And I always acclimate them the same way I do other fish.

Instant cycle? I have read that if you take enough stuff from an established tank and put it in the new tank it will minimize or eliminate cycling.

Take water, filter media, substrate, plants etc.... For the new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I took substrate and mixed it in the new Flourite and also put some in a mesh bag and put it in the space that is used for carbon, I then put a layer of bio-rings out of my canister filter on top of the new sponge. So fingers crossed the cycle will start moving pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom