Betta + Ghost Shrimp = Tasty Snack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lately I have really taken to liking these little dudes. They do a great job keeping the substrate clean in my 10 gallon, and I have not had a high mortality rate. I know it is really iffy, but is putting a few ghost shrimp in my betta's 5.5 gallon basically the equivalent of giving him a snack? I know they are cheap, but I don't know how agressive he would be towards them. Please share your experience if you have kept these together.

Most other shrimp will be an expensive snack, but ghost shrimp most often aren't. They aren't expensive, for one, lol.

Because of their coloring, or rather, lack of it, the bettas seem to eat them a lot less than the other types of shrimp. They always have the possibility of the Betta eating them, but it's far less common in ghost shrimp.

I have 5 ghost shrimp in with my betta, 25gallon tall, and he hasn't bothered them yet. Have had them for about a month and 2 of the females have eggs. I'll bet the fry are a snack when the betta finds them though. Lol.

Agreed, from experience, if the shrimp have hiding spots, it will be fine. The eggs however, will be a delicious snack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom