Betta Log Usurped!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Poor Mr. Betta...first the corys ignore him while he's flaring his little heart out. Now his betta log has been usurped. He didn't ever sleep in it, but he would go hang out. Now, it's been taken over.....by a snail.

The only bladder snail that the assassin snail hasn't gotten figured out how to stay away from him and stay alive. He is now living in the betta log at the top of the tank, laying eggs and, apparently, chasing out the betta since I haven't seen the betta in there since the snail took up residence.

Ah, the complexities of aquatic life. :lol:

:fish2:

One of my mystery snails did that to my betta. He goes up to it and there's always either a snail in it or ghost shrimp. He's taken to pulling up his plants and stuffing them in a corner and making him own little home.

Well that's one way to make your home *lol* Apparently, last night the betta proved to be victorious over the snail since the snail is nowhere to be seen and the betta has made a bubble nest up against his log. His first bubble nest *sniff* Iz a proud mama.

^_^

I always hate to clean the tank and mess up his nest. I feel like I'm destroying all his hard work lol.

lol Aww. Do you get dirty looks as he promptly reassembles it?

He stares out for a little while and doesn't come to the top to great me for like a day. Then he just goes back to work building another one. Maybe one day he'll have some babies to put in there.

Oh, this is why I love bettas! I just added some tiny killifish to my tank and now Perry is definitely pouting and has taken to staring off into the distance, remembering fonder days when he had the tank all to himself...

They definitely have a personality. My betta has shrimp and a mystery snail, which he ignores, in his tank. I moved the Black Neon out, and now he appears to have decided that he needs to chase the corys. He never actually catches them, just flares and chases. I guess I'll see how he reacts to having the tank to himself once the corys move out before I decide whether or not to put something else in there.

Yea mine has corys and tetras with him. Every once in a while he'll get real still and when they swim by him he'll puff up and look like he's going "BOO!" Its cute but I know stressful for them. He doesn't do it enough to worry about them though.

Back
Top Bottom