Betta or guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seasidelover102

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so I have a five gallon and my guppies got tb, so I kno they probably won't make it. I will bleach everything and try again but I don't kno if I should go with guppies again. I plan on breeding them and I have a ten gallon on standby so I'm thinking I should just wait till I can get it up and running to breed guppies. I read that five gallons is ideal for a betta. What should I do?

Betta!!!

Guppies should have 10 gallons at least! Even though they are small, they are very active swimmers.

However, Bettas will thrive in a 5 gallon! ?

I vote betta. 5g is pretty small for a guppy breeding tank. I actually used a 5g for guppies some years ago when I was first getting started, but it really wasn't good for breeding. Not enough room. Even a 10g is petite for breeding, but it will hold a breeding trio just fine.

Oh, also, I read bettas don't like strong currents. My filter is a little bit strong I think. I read that u can put panty hose to slow it down??? Is this true???

In my experience, you'll be fine if you keep the water level as high as it can be.

It will slow down when it gets clogged with bacterial mulm.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom