Betta Rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amaramwhite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Someone I know knew someone else who could no longer take care of their betta. The conditions were awful. It was in a 1/2 Gallon bowl. I, of course, take it in. All I had time to do was run to the walmart and get a 5 gallon aquarium kit and a few basics. Mostly everything is the AquaCulture brand. Opinions on the brand? Any good? Came with a "Whisper" filter. I'm a little weary about it all.

The five gallon will be a big improvement for the fish. I wouldn't be wary of what you bought - as long as it works you should be fine.

Someone I know knew someone else who could no longer take care of their betta. The conditions were awful. It was in a 1/2 Gallon bowl. I, of course, take it in. All I had time to do was run to the walmart and get a 5 gallon aquarium kit and a few basics. Mostly everything is the AquaCulture brand. Opinions on the brand? Any good? Came with a "Whisper" filter. I'm a little weary about it all.

Very nice of you to do that:). I have several of those kits and they make excellent betta tanks. The light under the hood won't grow any plants, but with a few inexpensive adjustments you can create a nice little planted tank for your fish. In the meantime, you can pretty much instantly cycle the tank by adding some filter media from your existing tank (assuming you have one) to the current filter. Keep an eye on parameters, do water changes, and your little guy should be good to go! Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Here's one of those kits I setup for my little nephew's betta.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 58
Thanks. Very simple, low light, basic setups with crypts and anubias. Perfect betta homes and very little maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom