Betta signs of aggression ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greggy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As above, I have a pair of female Bettas that have started to (to the untrained eye) get a little agressive towards each other - a few heated chases around the tank and a few (non visible) nips here and there..

The smaller one really flairs her gills before striking and when the other is in close proximity..

We were told that we could have two together without issue..

80l (20gallon) tank with a dozen or so mixes fish.

Thoughts ?

you're really not supposed to have two females together unless they know each other from a young age. females should be in groups of 4 or more so that they don't pick on each other. usually in groups smaller than that the largest or most aggressive one kills the rest.

you're really not supposed to have two females together unless they know each other from a young age. females should be in groups of 4 or more so that they don't pick on each other. usually in groups smaller than that the largest or most aggressive one kills the rest.
Cheers for that. Not to what our local fish supplier suggested. They were from the same tank when we bought them.

Will keep a close eye on them and separate if need be.. they've been ok up until a day or so ago..

Fish suppliers....be sellin fish tho.

Ya cant always take their word, a sorority is best at 6 or more ive found imo.
Just spreads the energy around, i wouldnt do em with ither fish either for a while.
Setting up sorority is a thing too, ya gotta know how to get er done or there can certainly be issues.
thats why theyre called "betta sororities" i recon, cuz ya gotta have quite a few of em for their co habitation to work out.

Back
Top Bottom