Black diamond blasting sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby56

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so I finally got some!! I have been looking for weeks. What's the best way to clean it? And how abrasive is it? Can I keep Cory's with it?

Wash it a million times in a bucket. Then wash it twenty more times. Lol
Do it outside if you can, I clogged my tub with it I think.
I got the finer grain size, and I have cories right now. They seem to love it.

Yeah I think what I have is the finer grain. Should I put it in first then water or sand first? This is the first time I have ever used sand

NO!!!!! U have to wash it ALOT. I spent 4 hrs washing 2 bags. But I love it. Plus you will need a piece of pantyhose over the intake so it wont tear up the impeller! !!

Bobby56 said:
I know I need to wash. I meant after I washed it?

Do what after you wash it? I keep it over mine all time. Since you have corys that will stir it up, I would just to be safe.

Putting it in the tank after I wash it. What's the best way empty or with water in the tank? And currently I haven't put any fish in the tank

Bobby56 said:
Putting it in the tank after I wash it. What's the best way empty or with water in the tank? And currently I haven't put any fish in the tank

Oh ok. Id put a little bit of water to start, that way it'll help you move it to where you want it. Are you gonna do a fish in cycle or fishless?

Fish in. I brought a filter about a week ago and I've been running it on my already cycled tank along with it's original filter. I'm gonna try to leave it on for a bit longer to build up some bb, then transfer it to my new tank when I am ready to get fish

Bobby56 said:

Put the sand in, then put a bowl sitting on top of a plate. Pour the water into the bowl. All that helps keep the sand from getting kicked up.

Bobby56 said:
Mabye transfer some media also

Most definitely. Sounds like a plan. Id leave the hob on the cycled tank until you get all the sand to where you want it.

Back
Top Bottom