Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Black Ghost Knifefish in Stock Tank?

So I bought a black ghost knifefish about a month ago and unfortunately did not realize his growth rate and maximum size of 18+ inches before I purchased him (I know, terrible fish parenting on my part). Right now heís in a 36 gallon tank that I know heíll grow out of soon. I would love to keep him instead of rehoming him (his name is Lucifer, heís currently about 4 inches long and eats out of my hand already), but I canít afford a 100+ gallon tank.

My friend mentioned a stock tank since theyíre significantly cheaper, but figured Iíd see if anyone has tried housing one in a tank like that successfully? Or if thereís other alternatives that might work for this guy?
Thanks in advance!

Old 08-09-2022, 06:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Well I see no problems with a stock tank. As long as there is enough hiding spots for the Knifefish I don't see any problem. The only thing is you probably won't see the fish or if you do for shorter periods of time

Tags
alternative, black, black ghost knife, black ghost knifefish, fish, ghost, housing, knifefish, stock, stock tank, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com