Black Neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
On Sunday, I got 10 black neons at the LFS and put them in QT. The species looks really nice, but they were very stressed at the LFS. All but 2 are already dead. Are black neons hard to keep, or is it just poor quality from the LFS?

Yes. The LFS has a 14 day money back guarantee. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. Any experience with black neons? Are they a nice fish? They sure look pretty.

I have 8 of them. Have had them for over two years without a problem. I believe like Zags said you just got poor quality.

I'd try again, but from a different LFS.

I have some black neons, I kept them for several months. They are like regular neons, not the most difficult but certainly not the easiest of fish to keep.

I like them. I keep them with angelfish as they are much larger than standard neons.

Didn't have a problem with them either.

I have had great success with regular neons, but two things attracted me to the black neons: Being bigger than regular neons and thus more immune to being eaten by angels, and having the unique black coloration with the black and stripe.

Back
Top Bottom