Blackskirt tetras and bolivian rams, good tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I seen someone on here had a picture of Blackskirt tetras, love them! I'm looking for more fish for my 29 gallon setup. Currently, I have 2 Bolivian rams, ghost shrimp and 3 black kuhli loaches. ( I lost a loach today). Looking to get some blackskirts and I'm wondering if they will get along with my current stock. If so, how many should I get? Also I'm not set in stone about blackskirts, so if they are not able to work out, what are some good fish to get, keeping my current stock in mind. Thanks.

So, I seen someone on here had a picture of Blackskirt tetras, love them! I'm looking for more fish for my 29 gallon setup. Currently, I have 2 Bolivian rams, ghost shrimp and 3 black kuhli loaches. ( I lost a loach today). Looking to get some blackskirts and I'm wondering if they will get along with my current stock. If so, how many should I get? Also I'm not set in stone about blackskirts, so if they are not able to work out, what are some good fish to get, keeping my current stock in mind. Thanks.

Black skirts can be nippy, but your rams should be able to hold their own. I'm not familiar with loaches. My BR is the boss of my tank:).

As was stated, skirt tetras can be nippy. However, Bolivians don't have the long flowing fins that would attract said nippiness, so I think you should be fine. I kept skirts with my rams and they did fine. The skirts and the angels were a different story, but the rams were fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom