blood gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have pearl & gold, no aggression ever, in fact, the pearl one often likes to keep himself to himself.
I didn't realise there were so many breeds of Gourami !

I've never even heard of blood gouramis. I tried searching, but couldn't even find a picture on the net. Have you seen one? Is it dwarf or regular? I have seen dwarf red gouramis that are a deep blood reed at the tail and fade into a creamish-pink at their heads at my LFS.

Before I got any gouramis, I heard from a few people that they can be very aggressive toward other fish, but the only problems I have had is with one specific male. He is a lavender gourami and has a tendency to beat up on and nip at anyone who come near him or, whoever he feels like chasing if he's bored.

It's interesting because just last night, i saw him chasing one of my dwarf neon gouramis and then suddenly, both of my dwarf neons were chasing him. I guess he got a bit of his own medicine.

But anyway, no one been seriously injured, just nipped at a little bit. Boys will be boys. Hopefully the spunky little guy will make me some babies soon :wink:

I had a blood gourami in my 10 for quite awhile. I never had any aggression problems from him. He was actually quite timid really. He had no problem getting in the mix when it was feeding time, but never went after any other fish. Maybe it depends on their tank mates. Mine was dwarf, and he was a great fish. The appetite on gouramis is something else. Hope you are having a great day today, talk soon. :D
~Melissa~

blood gourami

Do you know the scientific name of a blood gourami? I'm French and have never heard that name before. I've got a couple of dawrf gourami, (colisa lalia), but i was told they're different from the gourami you're atlking about

don't know the scientific name, but they are a deep orange at their tail with a bright blue stripe on their dorsal fin....and for the record, i have a gold that is a menace, goes to show each is different i guess....

Back
Top Bottom