Bloodfin tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
in my 29 gal I have three bloodfin tetras. I just transported two more fish that look like bloodfin tetras from my overstocked 40 gal to my 29 gal. But they aren't as silver in color as my other three. They both are darker and pinker. Are they blood fin tetras?

liquidphyre...

The reason they don't look the same is because they're not the same kind of fish. Your original fish are NOT Bloodfin Tetras, Aphyocarax anisitsi. They are the Brilliant or Redfin Rasbora, Rasbora borapetensis. I've got a school of 6 in my tank right now.

The NEW fish seem to be Bloodfin Tetras. Completely different kinds of fish, I'm afraid.

I HATE PETSMART!!!

Ugh, so I bought fish at Wal-mart (ya ya I know) and I was told they were rasboras. I went to Petsmart and they told me they were bloodfin tetras. Now I don't know what kind of fish I have.

will those two fish get along?

Yes...you DO know what kind of fish you have. You have Red-tailed Rasboras and Bloodfin Tetras! 8) Yes....they'll get along just fine even though they're from different continents (Rasboras are Asian and Bloodfin Tetras are South American)...their general requirements are the same and they both make good community fish.

Back
Top Bottom