blue rams in community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys im thinking of adding a pair of blue rams to my community 55g currently it has 4corys 6 ballon mollys 10 zebra danio 10 neon tetra an L022 pleco and 5 mystery snails so what do you think.

You're probably be fine. None of those fish will cause issues with rams, which aren't especially aggressive if stocked correctly. I would stick with just two, but maybe more if you have plenty of decorations breaking up LOS in your tank.

Thanks very much for the insight guys. I have pit a juvi pair in they are both under weight and just over an inch long. So far they seem happy as clams and have been takiny bloodqorms well. Ill post some pics when they colour up abit

Wow thease guys are really awsome. I have spent the last week readinh how fragilee they ate etc but it seems as long as your tanks stable they are happy.

You can get by with 2 pairs but they will squabble from time to time and especially when breeding. Try putting some structure at opposite ends of the tank with line of sight breaks so they can get away from each other.

Here's some videos of my rams interacting with one another. I kept several pairs in a 40b until they paired off and started breeding. Some I had to move out because of damage but for the most part they were civil, albeit defensive.

electric blue ram males fight - YouTube
GEDC0320 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom