Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Bolivian Rams chasing each other around

My bolivian Rams have been in my tank for 3-5 weeks now and they have been getting along fine. I am fairly certain that they are male and female because they were fallowing each other around for the whole time I've had them. Recently I've noticed that the female is constantly chasing away the male. Did they "break up" or is this normal? Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 02-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You might actually have two males, check up on gender. What's your tank size? Planted? Also, each should have a marked off "territory" for themselves on their end of the tank. In their territory, they should have lots of hiding spots for themselves. If they are indeed a pair, they will spawn at some point and guard the egg site until the fry are free swimming. The case where they chase each other away often turns out to be that they are guessed to be a pair but ware actually two males or females.

Nils

Old 02-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Not sure, but prolly had a bad break-up lol.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
bolivian, bolivian ram, bolivian rams, chasing, ram, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com