Bottom dwellers for my 55.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for some activity on the bottom. 55g, sand, and planted. What are some cool bottom dwellers? Open to all suggestions!
Stock. 2 bolivian rams 10 tiger barbs 2 platy's 2 mollies

I would go with pictus cats like 4 or maybe a BN pleco and striped Raphael catfish. Have the tigers nipped at anything yet?

I would go with pictus cats like 4 or maybe a BN pleco and striped Raphael catfish. Have the tigers nipped at anything yet?
no my barbs have been living in harmony with my 2 Molly's and 2 platy's for over 3 months now. They have a very strict code of Nipping the smaller fish of their own. They even them join the school when ever they feel like it. I haven't gotten the rams yet. But from research Bolivians are known to do well with barbs. I was thinking pictus, but what do they max out to?

They only max out at 4-5 inches as long as you buy spotted pictus cats. You need at least 3 because they do like groups I have 4 right now and they are super active and always out.

They only max out at 4-5 inches as long as you buy spotted pictus cats. You need at least 3 because they do like groups I have 4 right now and they are super active and always out.
what do you feed them?

Hoplo cats ftw! I also enjoy spotted Raphael and s.a. Bumblebees but they don't come out unless it's dark

Rubber lip plecos would be cool. Some zebra loaches or dwarf chain loaches would be cool.

You could probably manage 2 peacock eels. But they require a lot of work they need to be hand fed usually.

+1 agree with a group of cories. I have a 55g with a paired Bolivian Rams, 4 greens and 4 julii cories and it is consistent movement just feed enough for all bottom dwellers....
I do like Cory's. They are so active! Anyone care to share their favorite breed of Cory?

I have those I already named and I also have pandas in my 40 and I cannot pick between them since they all ar so active and always breeding....
so far I love the look the juli, but the panda has such odd colors I think I like it more. Ahhhh, decisions. Is it suggested keeping all of the same breed?

I have never liked Cory's a ton I can never keep the things alive. That's why I like pictus cats bigger and more active than Cory's IMO. Also I can always keep them alive.

I wouldn't add the pictus cats. Porthole or south American bumblebee catfish would be better

Back
Top Bottom