breeder net for preg molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
About how much are they? And I'm almost positive they are at my lfs. How do I go about using it though? Time to leave fry in? How to feed fry? Lot o questions. I'd rather not quarantine. I have a tank on cycle so it is a last resort

I bought a Top Fin net breeder for about $6 at my LFS (Petsmart).
how long to leave the fry in the net? And how to go about feeding them? An do I remove the mother once the birthing process is over?

My Molly just had surprise babies I bought the net for $6 put the babies in it don't put the mom with them her and the other fish will eat them. Crush up your tropical flakes really tiny for them and give them the smallest amount as they will overfeed easily. Leave them in there until they are bigger then your biggest fishes mouth

Attachments

• image-2154286135.jpg
    image-2154286135.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 66
Thanks, I will be getting one tomorrow! I'm not sure how close she is but it has to be soon. She's beginning to square up.

Better hurry! Lol fishing 22 of them out of the tank. Not my favorite way to waste 3 hours

She's close, hopefully she can make it through the night!

Attachments

• image-1996153235.jpg
    image-1996153235.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2076423830.jpg
    image-2076423830.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3751468949.jpg
    image-3751468949.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 62
I decided to go with this. This is what I got for my girl. It's a 3 in 1 v insert that allows the babies to fall through with out the mother making a meal out of them. It houses the fry until they are ready to be tank mates with your other fish. And there are air holes all over it. It also houses betta fish from the rest of you tank. I wouldn't recommend it's too small. And it was 6 bucks!

Attachments

• image-2860397529.jpg
    image-2860397529.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 58
See I thought about that but I thought maybe there would be a lot of stagnant oxygen deprived water after awhile

Yeah, that crossed my mind but I'm going to cycle her water daily just incase. But there seems to be plenty of slits in it just big enough for the fry not to escape.

No:( . Maybe a few days maybe a few hours. I just hate keeping her in that little place

Yeah I know I have one pregnant but my tank has ick so as soon as she has them they will be out of there

Back
Top Bottom