Breeding Tanks Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
So tomorrow i am going to be getting my first Breeding tank that will be holding Blue Rams. So i am ording plants Here is the list
Mayaca Bunch
Thin Vallisneria
Echinodorus - Red Flame Potted
Rotala Wallichii Bunch
Broad Leaf Green Wendtii Terracotta
Now tell if any of these plants are not fully aquatic
So tommorow pictures of the tank and hopefully by Friday i will start cycling and get these plants!

So i ahve the tank and some pictures
Fort if you are reading i need some help, this tank has T5 lighting with 2 25W bulbs and i saw a 10000 thing i dont know what that is and i also have a purple light i will post some pictures none of the tank as its filthy because it has been in a garage for ages and there were spider webs in it and in the light cabinet so yeah. Tommorrow we are re sealing and cleaning. Tell me is it hard to re sell a tank?
Any pictures!+
No lights on
img_1204995_0_62ab5ff36530fda9f2f465033afd043a.jpg

Lights on
img_1204995_1_e38afad35ebae576c636f0d521d9eb11.jpg

And the strange purple light
img_1204995_2_4c7cddddb06016f006633d610840748c.jpg

Exciting!!!! Im tagging along to see things come together! Looking forward to seeing how you put things together Jason!

So how many Blue rams do you think i can put in there. I am thinkning 6 and hope that atleast 2 pair off.
Also is there any difference between blue rams and german blue rams?

the blue rams could be electric blue rams, although they are probably your standard german blues as the electric blues are quite rare and expensive (around my part anyways) electric blue rams are really cool though in my opinion, they also have a long finned variety of the german gold rams which are very nice but more demanding of water quality, although they are personally my favorite.

From my understanding in this thread, its a 40 gallon specifically for breeding rams? If so you can put a few more in there, what kind of filtration are you running?

By the way I believe the purple light is more for saltwater use, but I do find it shows colors very nicely on fish.

Hey thanks for the reply. The tank is actually a 30gal but its a long so its quite long and free swimming.
And that tank is what i call the holding tank where the rams will go when they are not spawning. I will be getting a 26gal tank that i will call the breeding tank where they spawn and care for their for 2 weeks. Then the fry go into another tank called the growing up tank where they will stay for 4-6 months

sounds like a good plan, I bet it will be alot of fun, I just set up a breeding tank for a mated pair of gold superveil angels, very similar except that I will simply pull them from the community tank, have them lay the eggs, raise the fry for a bit, then return them to the community tank while the others grow out in the breeder, should be lots of fun, be sure to keep posting on yoru progress as I will be following along :)

I was thinkning of doing angels but decided against it not becuase i dont like angels but because my tank would not be big enough for them. And i love the colours of GBR
How long do you think i should cycle for i was thinkning 2-4weeks

do you have any tanks up and cycled already that your going to steal the filter media from? I find cycling tends to take different amounts of time depending on the methods used, so it depends what your plan is.

Back
Top Bottom