Brine Shrimp, Frozen Foods...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, a question since no one seemed to answer my other thread. I am heading to the pet shop in around 30 minutes so I need a quick answer. I wanna buy my clown knife fish food. I was thinking maybe brine shrimp as it has around 6% protein, and it's the highest protein concentration. He's still small so no feeders. Should I buy brine shrimp if not what frozen food? And is it ok to feed it to him everyday as they are carnivores? Is he gonna grow at a somewhat good rate?

I personally dont own knifefosh

But i do feed frozen brine and i know it really shouldn't be fed as a staple BECAUSE of its high protein levels but maybe someone with personal experience with your particular fish would be more helpful than myself

I personally dont own knifefosh

But i do feed frozen brine and i know it really shouldn't be fed as a staple BECAUSE of its high protein levels but maybe someone with personal experience with your particular fish would be more helpful than myself
I ended up getting blood worms. I saw a lot of references, and the expert there suggested it as well. Ill be mainly feeding blood worms until he gains some size:)

Yeah bloodworms are also a good alternative i personally dont use them due to my allergies put they are great for developing color and size

I have African brown knife fish and they love bloodworms, chopped beef heart, flakes, brine shrimp, and the occasional live earthworm.

Back
Top Bottom