Can i add boiling water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can i add boiling water to the water thats in my bucket waiting to be put into my aquarium after my water change? I left the water over night with the conditioner and it got really cold. I dont have an extra heater to heat the water so i want to add boiling water to get it to 80f like my tank temp

Can i add boiling water to the water thats in my bucket waiting to be put into my aquarium after my water change? I left the water over night with the conditioner and it got really cold. I dont have an extra heater to heat the water so i want to add boiling water to get it to 80f like my tank temp
Just curious, why did you leave the water overnight??

So the conditioner has time to remove all the chloramine and heavy metals out of my tap water. Where i live the tap water is not the best. Some say to leave it just an hour or whatever but i like to Make it rest for acouple hours. How do u do it?

So the conditioner has time to remove all the chloramine and heavy metals out of my tap water. Where i live the tap water is not the best. Some say to leave it just an hour or whatever but i like to Make it rest for acouple hours. How do u do it?
Most, if not all water conditioners work on contact. I know Seachem Prime certainly does. Just add it to the water and the water can then be added straight to the tank......

Hey Martin, I think what Ian was getting at is that a lot of folks don't wait to add their water back. A step further is when using a water changer like a python or aqueon, where you use it to siphon the tank, clear the tube of "dirty" water, then add conditioner directly in to the tank, and refill with water straight from the tap.
I think its a personal preference and have heard different justifications for each way, so not pointing one way or the other.
Also, im not sure of what differences there are in water treatment say in the US vs. South America, or whatnot... Might be worth you asking about at a lfs?

Ya i heard that to but since my conditioner is crappy i thought itl be best to wait. But if u say it works on contact then ill do it ur way. Héres a pic of my conditioner ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395107386.677642.jpg

I think he just wants to raise the bucket water's temperature by adding hotter ( ie boiling) water.
Water conditioner only works for a certain period of time... So you may need to add more conditioner.

I just open both cold and hot valve and ajust to get a good 25C° temp... Just with your hand you should get good temperature with 2C° imprecision.

I just open both cold and hot valve and ajust to get a good 25C° temp... Just with your hand you should get good temperature with 2C° imprecision.

I'm sure that's what the OP did originally. Unfortunately, the water sat in a bucket over night and now it is too cold.

Back
Top Bottom