Can i mix these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi I'm cycling my fish tank (I'm doing a fishes cycle.) as soon as my tank has cycled I'll be adding these fish

5 tiger barbs
1 green barb
2 or 3 gold barbs
3 leopard danios or zebra dannios
10 Otocinclus
Will they all get along and will they look good together?
And most importantly will the tank be understocked?
And my tank is well planted
(I will add them one by one slowly, over weeks and months.)
My tank is 70 gallons with a fluval 405

No the barbs most likely won't as they are semi aggressive
Otos are very sensitive and must be added after lots of algae has been established
Danio and barb schools need to be at 6 each

Is the tank understocked?
If it is could I add another 3 dannios?
And I'll add the otos later. This might sound weird but I have hair algae growing on some of my plants, will they eat that?

Banana mouse said:
Is the tank understocked? It's better for it to be understocked- rather ask I it's overstocked
If it is could I add another 3 dannios? You need to have 6 of each type of barb and 6 of the danios
And I'll add the otos later. This might sound weird but I have hair algae growing on some of my plants, will they eat that?
Yes they will

I don't think the otto's will make it in a newly cycled tank. They need well established tanks to pull them through the stress of being bounced around as they are all wild caught.

Should I add the 6 Dannios then wait 2 weeks then add the barbs then wait a few months so the water gets mature etc then add the otos?

Banana mouse said:
Should I add the 6 Dannios then wait 2 weeks then add the barbs then wait a few months so the water gets mature etc then add the otos?

Cycle it first

Back
Top Bottom