Can i wrap my filter tube with sponge? Or inside? How can an air-stone help my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
20g tank with the (tetra whisper 40g filter)
Currently with 1 german blue recovered from ich disease, 6 neon tetras (i want to get a total of 10 if possible) 3 rescued liverbearers and a dojo loach.
A few ghost shrimps and a good amount of regular small snails.

And some plants like ludwigia, hygro, anacharis and amazon sword, lucky bamboo and 1 anubia i guess...by the look of it...

MINI CO2 system with a heater avarage of 77

I feed my fish with tetra pro tropical crisps with biotin, bloodworms, shrimp pellets, granules and flakes. I like to give them a variety of food not at once ofc.

I would like to know if the addition of a airstone installed with a pump for the appropriate size would be beneficial for the aquarium, and in which ways.

Also, I want to know if wrapping the filter tube (picture) with Maryland or other brand of sponge foam would be necessary or essential for my tank, because there's always something stuck in there. And I know it can be good for bacterias inside the filter but idk how to add it there.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: I KNOW IT SHOULD HAVE A BIO-BAG CARTRIDGE INSIDE THE FILTER IN THE PICTURE, BUT IM AT THE FINAL STEPS OF COMBATING ICH DISEASE, ITS 90% GONE THANKS TO MELAFIX.Image%20(12).jpgImage%20(13).jpg

I ended up understanding about air stones and I have a theory about only turning on at night, when lights are off, so they have better oxygenation

Back
Top Bottom