Canada - Junior Heater Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvijay07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Several keep Bettas etc., in small tanks in Canada. It gets quite cold in winter in Canada. Still Junior Heaters around 7W for small tanks are hard to find in Canada. Why ?

Vijay :?

Cus maybe petstores just don't carry them. I see some around here. If you really want a heater then just get a bigger tank, or keep your house warm. Or you could always move to Florida or somewere warm :wink:

ashley

i agree, get a 10 gallon tank and make a divider system for it

then you can have a heater and a real filter for your bettas

bettacove said:
Cus maybe petstores just don't carry them.
ashley

If a product sells well, stores will carry them. No product just means, no demand for them. This is not good.

glmclell said:
i agree, get a 10 gallon tank and make a divider system for it

Not an option for me at all. I already have other tanks. Presently, no more room for larger tanks. I thought that keeping a small tank would be easy as they seem to be more popular. Didn't expect all these problems.

I can't get hikari products around here. Nobody carries them, well at least what i need.
I guess a lot of ppl don't really use them cus they mostly have bigger tanks that need bigger heaters. In one petstore here they stoped selling them because nobody would buy them.

ashley

This is sad indeed. Hikari products are very good. My Betta likes and cherishes them. It is true, if there is no demand for a long time then eventually the product is removed from the store shelf.

Junior heaters

We carry the Junior Heater through our www.petvend.com site (though they are not yet displayed on the site) they sell for $$19.95 CDN or $14.95 USD & shipping via Canada POst which runs approx. $2.80 CDN or $1.95 USD per unit, we accept hyperWALLET (Canadian company) & PayPal.
or look for our auctions on ebay under our seller name the "auction-toad"

I have a small LFS and I cannot get those small heaters. Although they are listed in some catalogues the are not CSA approved and therefore not sellable here. (or at least not the ones i've seen) Although temperature is not really that imprtant for Bettas, they will do Much better in the high 70's (F) One suggestion for my fellow canadians in the (cold :wink: ) East is to put your betta on top of the fridge for the winter. This will provide a fairly stable, and warmer temp.

Back
Top Bottom