Cannister Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So with some of the money I received from my tax return, I plan on upgraded the lights and the filter on my 55 gallon tank.

I was looking at the canister filters that my workplace sells, and I'm thinking I may go with the Fluval 305.

Anyone use it? Likes, dislikes? Tips? Suggestions?

BTW... The stocking is as follows.

-2 Angelfish
-10 Cherry Barbs
-10 Bloodfin Tetra
-6 Peppered Cory
-2 BNP

Joe5688 said:
Sun suns. Google them they are cheap and awesome. I love mine. U can get 2 for the price of one name brand lol

+1
Aquatop also (www.truaqua.com). Excellent filters that can beat the pants off the big names that cost twice as much.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.... I decided to go with this one: CF400UV 4-Stage Canister Filter with UV 9W - 370 gph

It received fantastic reviews and considering its meant for up to 125 gallons... If I ever decide to upgrade that tank I can still use the same filter. The filter comes with spray bars, too, which is nice, and the UV sterilizer.

That is one excellent filter. I have one on my DT and am buying another one for my garage tank when tax return comes in. It's easy to clean and super quiet. I have it packed with media, an inline heater and an inline CO2 reactor and flow is still great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom