Cardinals Not Exactly Liking The Flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, my school of 6 cardinals acclimated themselves overnight, but they are not exactly interested in the flake food. Neither are my swordtails - at least the swordtails eat the flakes - and the algae wafers... But neither will go to the surface and eat like a good fishie. I tried sparking the instinct by tapping teh surface, I fed them brine yesterday, but I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Moved to General Discussion.

Its normal for picky to fish to not eat after being placed in a new home. Try waiting a day or so. Could aslo try another treat, like bloodworms.

My Cardinals are quite fussy eaters too yet I have found the one thing they love to eat is live Daphnia, try them on this im sure they will take to it. :)

Thanks for the ideas - I will definitely try one of them. But, I need to clarify... They will eat the flakes, but they won't go to the surface...

my barbs do the same thing, they just wait for the fiters waterfall to bring it down to where thay are lol

Perhaps mix the flakes in a bit of water to make them heavier which allows them to sink. Just make sure that you underfeed, you don't want much uneaten food resting along the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom