Cardinals not so timid any more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharpchick

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I converted my 29g high tank from a planted goldfish tank to a planted FW tropical tank when I moved my goldfish out to my pond.

I started stocking with cardinal tetras. My LFS only had 5, so I added them last week.

They huddled together behind the sword plants in a corner of the tank, and I had to drop fish flakes behind the plants to get them to eat. I watched to make sure they were eating.

Today, I added some male tuxedo guppies, who darted quickly through the tank at all levels, checking out the gravel for any leftover food and just generally zipping around.

And here came the cardinals. It blew me away, but it was what I hoped for - that the cardinals would see that the guppies were not in danger, and would come out of hiding.

Everyone had a good feed before lights out.

I've never kept guppies before - had no idea they'd cruise the bottom looking for food.

Great, when first introduced they will go everywhere, but then learn the food comes from the sky, and wait at the top all the time. The cards would have came it eventually, just have to get used to the new surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom