Cascade 1500 or SunSun 304b canister filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased a new 125 gallon tank and i dont kno which filter to get. They both have good reviews. But im torn on which one. So i need some suggestions from people who have used both or just have experience with one of them.

Which filter should i get for my 125 gallon tank?

Cascade 1500?
Or
Sunsun 304b uv light?

I did get a cascade 1500 with the tank that will be also on the tank when i set it up. Im going to run 2 canisters on this tank tho.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a cascade 1000 and it's always ran well for me. Good flow and quiet as a mouse.

Caleb

I have a cascade 1000 and it's always ran well for me. Good flow and quiet as a mouse.

Caleb

How long have u had it???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can hear my canisters if the house is quiet. They are both very, very quiet, but they were not absent of noise. (to me)

I really like the aquastop on the aquatop. :D One lever to disconnect the canister from the hoses for mnt. It is a little bit more involved for the Penn Plax.

The impeller O-ring on the PP is kinda a pita. If it doesn't pinch when servicing the unit, you're golden. If it does, your flow could drop.

Rated GPH vs actual GPH. Aquatop failed on this measurement. I used a 400UV on a 37g tank, and thought the flow was perfect. (for me, advertised as 375gph.)

I had a 400UV, and a PP1000, and an Aquaclear PH 50 ontop of a sponge in a 100g before I got the water movement that tank needed. (Heavily planted Community tank.)

Sunsun(aquatop) cf-400uv
Penn Plax Cascade 1000, and 1500.

Used all of them for several years. Only stopped using them because I was never good at cleaning them regularly. The HOB filters are quicker for me to clean.

Back
Top Bottom