Catfish / Algae Eaters with Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myo

Aquarium Advice Regular
What catfish for algae eating can I keep with cichlids? Can’t see them being friendly to snails or bristlenoses.

Only small (6-7cm) Cichlids currently in a 4 foot tank.

Thanks!

Look at Botia Loaches. Red Tails or YoYos. They are tough & durable scavengers. Neither will directly eat algae, but will thoroughly clean up the bottom, which in turn will limit nutrients available for algae growth.

Look at Botia Loaches. Red Tails or YoYos. They are tough & durable scavengers. Neither will directly eat algae, but will thoroughly clean up the bottom, which in turn will limit nutrients available for algae growth.

That’s a good idea - hadn’t thought of Loaches. I’ll have a look what I can see of those and maybe even red tail/rainbow sharks

Here's a pick of one of my Red Tail loaches aka Y. Modesta Botia. They look a lot like Red Tail Sharks, but are far more benifical. Great scavengers.

Attachments

• 20190818_115102.jpg
    20190818_115102.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 44
Here's a pick of one of my Red Tail loaches aka Y. Modesta Botia. They look a lot like Red Tail Sharks, but are far more benifical. Great scavengers.

Nice big loach!

Looks like something hard to find in Aus. So far I’ve found Clown and Yo-yo Loaches. I’m sure they’ll do the job [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom