Changing parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
8-Feb 19-Feb 21-Feb 23-Feb 26-Feb
Ammonia 0 0 0 0 0
Nitrite 0 0 0 0 0
pH 7.2 7.2 7.2 7.4 7.4
Nitrate 30 30 20 30 10
GH 120 120 120 120 120
KH 120 120 140 120 120
Phosphate 3 2 3 3 2

Water pH 7.0, tested often

Small piece of driftwood added Feb 12th with java moss and a java fern on it. Neither is growing but neither is dying. Feb 23rd I added a new plant. I can't remember what the LFS called it but here is a picture of it. I couldn't find it anywhere on the net.

Could this new plant be ripping through the nitrates that fast? Why has the pH gone up instead of down after adding the driftwood? What could be causing the changes? The date of each test is before a water change that same day. 1/3 to 1/2 of water changed each time. No added fertilizer.

Plants consume Co2, Co2 lowers your PH. test your PH first thing in the morning and you'll probably find it's at 7.2. I have 15lbs of driftwood in my tank and it doesn't alter my PH at all.

Java fern and moss can grow rather slowly (or in some cases the plant will stunt..)

Adding potassium could be a good thing for your plants.

If I had to guess at the plant, I'ld say Hygro Corymbosa.. But I'm not the best here at Id's.

Well I found out the plant is hedge. Must not be aquatic as I can't find it anywhere but it putting out roots faster than any plant I have ever seen. Will see how well it does or doesn't do.

pH morning: 7.4, midday 7.4+.

I started a DIY CO2 today with a makeshift bell. Should lower pH a lot when it finally starts putting out CO2.

SO should I take it out and return it or see how it does in my tank? It has put out about 20 or so roots in 2 days now so it seems to be happy.

Could easily be either that or Stricta. The only real difference is the flowers I see on half the plants. Multiple pods with multiple flowers, very small, 1/4 inch or so. Noone of the pictures show the flowers but I really love the site! Best I have seen so far as far as ease of looking through and getting close to a plant look alike.

Back
Top Bottom