cherry red shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamamatsu1999

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any fresh water shrimps over your area. Here we have a few types of shrimps in South Sea Asia. Thay are small creatures come in different colours and shapes. Thay are perfect for planted fresh water aquarium as they clean up left over food and algae. I wonder if there are ant shrimp this these too in other parts of the world. Do email me at hamamatsu1999@yahoo.co.jp if you want to find out more.

Tong

Attachments

• neocaridia_denticulata_sinensis_var_red1.jpg
    neocaridia_denticulata_sinensis_var_red1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 90
Algae eating shrimp are available in the US. Here (major metro) there are cherry, amano, and indian algae (looks like amano to me) shrimp -- I have all but have only bred neocaridina sinesis. I've not seen the exotic red crystal, bee, ninja, etc at lfs. There are few online sources in the US, ie petshrimp.com (also has forum with experts), aquabid, etc. This forum from my time here has a knowledgable member, Veneer, who posts sometimes, as well as other keepers of algae-eating shrimp, if interested. Good looking red cherry :)

Back
Top Bottom